In attendance: Dennis Peters, Rena Beyke, John and Adean Vitale
The meeting was called to order at 6:00pm
The minutes of the May 13, 2021 meeting were approved.
1. President Dennis Peters reported the Street Tree Project is completed except for replacement trees that still need to be planted; and a new tree on Selina Chang’s lot
2. Rental covenant update: To date there are 73 responses (53%), 30 are need to approve or 39 are needed to disapprove.
3. A tree was planted at the Noll Road entrance with the help of Dennis’ grandson. There was a small fire near the entrance where the city contractors were working on Johnson Road that was quickly put out. The doggie station container came with a bigger canister, thus more bags.
4. The Landscape Maintenance contract with Green Triangle Landscaping for the contract period of June 2021 through May 2020 was presented. John made a motion to approve. Motion passed.
5. Dennis reported on his presentation to Poulsbo Parks & Recreation Department on June 26, 2021 regarding the possibility of NGPA donation to the City. The department heads will discuss ways to use the land and will get back to DRCO.
6. Dennis reported on his findings after sitting through the Secretary of State webinar. RCW 64.90, Washington Uniform Common Interest Ownership Act was effective 7/1/2018; DRCO is grandfathered because it was formed prior to 7/1/2018. A few items DRCO will have to adapt are: budget, reserves & reserve study, notice of annual meeting (minimum notice increased to 14 days max; decreased to 50 days), new nonprofit corporation law effective 1/1/2022 that DRCO will be subject to.
Detailed financial statements and copies of financial institution statements were emailed previously to the board members. The account balances and activity including accounts receivable, CD’s liability and budget vs. actual. Just one homeowner has not paid annual dues. Rena moved to approve the May and June expenses. Motion carried.
1. Amendment to Rules & Regulation regarding signs was presented. A request was made and agreed to require a photograph as part of the rule. The sign rule and the sign approval form will be revised to reflect that change and presented for approval at the next board meeting.
2. Amendment to Rules & Regulation regarding Street Trees was postponed until the September meeting.
3. An amendment to Rules & Regulation regarding Enforcement was proposed. A request was made and agreed to edit the rule in order to make it more succinct. The amendment will be edited and presented to the board for approval at the next board meeting.
4. City of Poulsbo ordinance regarding house numbers: Section 15.04.020 of the City Construction Code reads as follows, ”Address numbers. New and existing buildings shall have approved address numbers, building numbers or approved building identification placed in a position that is plainly legible and visible from the street or road fronting the property. These numbers shall contrast with their background. Address numbers shall be Arabic numerals or alphabet letters. Numbers shall be a minimum of six (6) inches high with a minimum stroke width of 0.5 inch…” John will put this information in the next newsletter.
Good of the Order
Rena reported that the local Bainbridge Island newspaper reported that recycling items are changing. John will put this information in the next newsletter.
John asked what is the board doing to encourage more attendance at the meetings (and this will lead to more involvement in the board). A discussion on taking photos of what the board is doing (such as a photo of Dennis’ grandson assisting planting a tree at the Noll Road entrance). It was agreed that whenever the board is able, to take photos of what they are doing in our DRCO community to share in the newsletter.
The general meeting was adjourned at 7:20pm, followed by an executive session.
Dennis reported on four covenant violations and potential legal issues regarding liens.
Reconvened Regular Meeting
The board approved that notice be given to three homeowners having covenant violations, and that the fourth homeowner continue to be fined for an ongoing covenant violation.
Dennis requested that DRCO monies be allocated to enlist legal counsel (Sherrard, McGonagle, Tizzano & Lind) regarding the handling of both current and future liens. John moved to approve allocating funds. Rena seconded. Motion carried.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:45pm.
Adean Vitale, DRCO Secretary