January 9, 2018


In attendance: Gene Bullock, Debbie Munroe, Candy Peters and Dennis Peters

The meeting was called to order at 6:56 PM. Debbie read minutes from November 16, 2017. The minutes were approved by Candy and Gene.

Treasurer’s report presented by Dennis Peters:

The bank and financial reports are included herein, Dennis outlined the highlights

Financials turned over to Sabor for tax return.

Christmas Decoration prize awards given to Joe Davita and Judy Bill; Bill and Lyndee Arsers; and Manual and Liz Ponce.

A discussion regarding the contents of the Newsletter ensued. It was agreed to include the following:

  • Announcement for annual meeting for May 2 at 7:00 pm at the Poulsbo Library
  • Pictures of holiday award winners
  • Reminder not to feed squirrel
  • All members encouraged to read HOA covenants and enforcement of CCR’s
  • Reminder that owners are responsible for providing their renter’s names and contact information to the DRCO Board
  • Complete Arborist report
  • Board of Director meetings and times
  • Bjorn bridge fence replacement
  • New mutt mitt station receptacles

New and old business:

Next board meeting set for Tuesday March 6 at 7:00 pm at Candy and Dennis Peters home

It was approved by all to have Candy sign the contract to have the Bjorn bridge removed and replaced.

Several bids were received for the landscaping work at Deer Run. The best bid was from RG Landscaping for $126.00 per visit. It was agreed by all that the Landscape Contract would specifically require maintenance once per month October thru March and then twice per month from April to September. In addition, the work needed to be done by the 15th and 30th of each month. Candy agreed to write up the contract and submit it to RG Landscaping.

Dennis brought up the HOA insurance that we currently have with State Farm. We decided that the type of insurance should be liability only for the Board of Directors, since DRCO does not own property. Dennis will continue to research the best insurance for DRCO.

Dennis reported that there are 6 homeowners that have not paid their annual dues. We discussed whether or not their names should be listed in the Newsletter and decided that Gene will put a reminder in the newsletter at this time.

Dennis presented the 2018 Operating and Capital Budget. Several line items were discussed and changes were made. The budget was approved as amended. (Amended budget included herein).

Meeting adjourned at 8:30 PM

Respectfully submitted,

Debbie Munroe