In attendance: Dennis Peters, Rena Beyke, John and Adean Vitale, Bob Stewart, Lloyd Gill, Rodney Shimabukuro
The meeting was called to order at 6:30pm.
The minutes of the last two meetings on March 11, 2021 and January 19, 2021 were approved.
1. President Dennis Peters reported on the status of the NGPA donation to the City. DRCO is on the June 26, 2021 agenda with Poulsbo Parks & Recreation Department.
2. President Dennis Peters reported that a dozen trees were delivered today from Valley Nursery. A total of 28 trees are being taken out. The contractor will come on May 24 to remove the trees and return in June to grind the stumps. All but one of the trees to be cut down has been paid for.
3. Amendment to Covenants regarding Rental Properties: Dennis reported that 50% (70) of DRCO homeowners have responded, not enough to pass yet. There was not a timeline set to vote, so the proposed covenant vote will remain an open item for now.
4. The tree committee had a meeting and makes the following recommendation to the board. The city now says the street tree ordinance did not come out until after DRCO was formed. Their only role is that the city needs to approve removal of trees. Dennis will revisit the CCR’s regarding trees.
Detailed financial statements and copies of financial institution statements were emailed previously to the board members. The account balances and activity including accounts receivable, CD’s liability and budget vs. actual was summarized for the non-board members present. Just one homeowner has not paid annual dues. Rena moved to approve the January through April expenses. Motion carried.
Covenant Violations Regarding Signs: New covenants were approved at the January 19, 2021 meeting. There are a number of signs that are in violation of the sign covenant. Lloyd Gill volunteered to gather research on other HOA rules regarding signs and get back to the board on this subject.
1. The landscape maintenance contract with Green Triangle ends the last day of May. Dennis will ask them for their rates for June 2021 through May 2022 and bring to the next meeting.
2. The Noll Road entrance plum tree is on DRCO property. The board approved payment to have that tree removed.
3. Revise Street Tree Rule: The tree committee recommended we keep the list of trees they researched and came up with from the City of Poulsbo. They also recommended keeping the right of way and spacing dimension guidelines.
Good of the Order
Rodney Shimabukuro discussed his plans for the sprinkler system in his front yard.
The general meeting was adjourned at 7:30pm, followed by an executive session.
Adean Vitale, DRCO Secretary